Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sierra Jensen Collection, volume one by Robin Jones Gunn

Back/Inside Cover:
Only You, Sierra - The Europe mission trip brought Sierra Jensen the best gift possible: two new friends, Katie and Christy. But now Sierra is headed home, and she can't help but wonder, will her friendships last? And what about her new home? Her family moved while she was gone, and that means facing a new high school. And the biggest question of all: Will she ever find love? Then a chance meeting in a London airport answers that question. Paul makes her heart leap. But she'll never see him again! Or will she?
In Your Dreams - Sierra has had it! She's done everything she can to find the right job, good friends, and most important, true love. But nothing is working out. Now she has to stay home to care for her grandmother. By herself. for the whole weekend! It will be terrible. But a series of startling surprises shows Sierra just how wrong she is-and before she knows it, she's on her way to the perfect job, her frist real date, and an encounter with a mysterious stranger.
Don't You Wish - Sierra has three wishes: visit her California friends; have her older sister, Tawni, disappear; and learn more about the mysterious stranger. When Easter break arrives, Sierra's first wish comes true! She's headed to Newport Beach for fun,sun, and surf. Unfortunately, not only does Tawni not disappear, she accompanies Sierra on her escape. What's worse, everyone has a boyfriend except Sierra. But will her wishes begin to change as she realizes God wants to mold her according to His wishes?

My Toughts:
I absolutely love this book! I can't get enough of it! I mean, this girl is practically me minus I'm not as responsible as her, I don't think any 16 year old is, that I've traveled around Europe on a mission trip, let alone without any of my family members, oh yeah, and that she is like the perfect Christian girl! I mean, I am responsible and all, but not like her. She could practically live on her own! Well, the Europe thing, I have been to Europe, and I have been on a mission trip without any of my family members, but the two were completely different trips and about, oh, well, 7 years apart! And I am definitely no where near being a perfect Christian, but I know that God still loves me anyway. I am trying to get my friends to be better Christians, but it isn't exactly working that well. Anywho, who cares about my life and what not?! You're here to read what I thought about the book! So, back to that, it is an amazing book that I know I'm buying for friends for Christmas. I have already purchased the fourth one for a friend who's reading the series with me! Yep! Well, get out there and buy it already! It truly is a wonderful book with some great advice that your parents probably wouldn't ever think of giving you, let alone know to give you. Hope you enjoy it!

Reccomendations for...:
Definitely teen girls. I think 7th graders would be the lowest grade I would recommend this to because 6th graders just wouldn't be able to relate. 7th grade is probably even a stretch. But yeah, no boys for this one! This has to be the girliest book on the planet. No kidding! Ha ha, but it's still good!

Price, genre, publisher, info.:
US $14.99
Teen Fiction
Multnomah

http://www.mpbooks.com/

No comments: