Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Back/Inside Cover:
Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that?
Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license-for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a tunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.
But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world-and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

My thoughts:
I absolutely LOVED this book. I fell in love with the characters and the plot line very quickly. I will admit that the first paragraph or so is a little wierd, but if you could just get past that then you won't be able to put the book down until you're done. I'm serious. I have read the entire trillogy, and I can't wait to get my hands on the fourth one! This is a very captivating series.
This book is under the "teen fiction" genre, but is also a kind of romantic novel. I mean, it isn't all about romance or anything like that, but you will find that it is part of the plot. All in all, it is an amazing book that I believe any teen girl who loves to read should pick up.

Reccomendations for...:
This series would be more for teen girls. I mean, pre-teen girls might be able to relate to it, but you might want to wait until you're 15 or so. This wouldn't be for guys at all. There are mushy parts that I'm not sure you guys would enjoy.

Price, genre, publisher, info.:
US $7.99
CAN $10.99
Teen fiction
Simon Pulse
http://www.simonsaysteen.com/

No comments: